| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details about an episode you may not have seen. Read with care!
- 18th appearance of Spongebob Squarepants.
- 4th appearance of Sandy, first since Sandy's Rocket.
- 15th appearance of Squidward, 4th straight.
- 12th appearance of Patrick, first since Sandy's Rocket.
- 7th appearance of Mr. Krabs, 3rd straight.
- 11th time Plankton doesn't appear since his debut, 11th straight.
- 9th appearance of Gary, 4th straight.
- This episode marks the debut of Ol' Reliable, which would later appear in Best Day Ever and The Pink Purloiner.
- Squidward breaks the fourth wall by saying eleven minutes on his estimate of Spongebob's time in the wild, as eleven minutes is the typical run time of an episode. This would occur on several other occasions in the series as well.
- This episode was released on the Spongebob Goes Prehistoric (DVD).
- (Spongebob gives away his possessions in his front yard)
- Spongebob: "And Squidward, I want you to have my can opener!"
- Squidward: "And I thought this friendship would never pay off." (walks away) (Patrick walks up)
- Patrick: (holds up jar of mayonnaise) "Are-are-are-are you sure you want to give me this mayonnaise?"
- Spongebob: "It's all yours." (Patrick puts down the mayonnaise, and picks up several large, old phone books)
- Patrick: "And these old phones books." (Spongebob walks away)
- Spongebob: "All yours old friend." (Spongebob walks back up with Ol' Reliable in hand) "Patrick, there is one more thing I want you to have.
- Patrick: "Oh!! (tosses the phone books away and takes Ol' Reliable out of the case) O-O-Old Reliable! (begins crying)
- (Sandy walks up)
- Sandy: "Howdy, Y'all! Hey Spongebob, ya having a garage sale?"
- Spongebob: "No Sandy, I'm giving up my material possessions to live in the wild with the jellyfish."
- Sandy: nick is crazy schemes! Why would you want to live with the jellyfish?! They cold and mean and none-too-bright." (Spongebob pats Sandy's air helmet)
- Spongebob: "Oh ho Sandy! That's exactly the response I would expect from someone who lives the sham of a live that I once lived. I'm going to prove that I don't need all this stuff to be happy." (begins to walk across the street) "Maybe someday, you'll wise up and join me. Goodbye!" (moves behind a bush and removes his clothes) "I won't be needing these." (makes buzzing noises as he runs away)
- (back to Sandy, Squidward, and Patrick)
- Squidward: "He took off his pants."
- Sandy: (shakes her head) "I'll give him a week."
- Squidward: (tosses down can opener) "I give him eleven minutes."
- (They both walk away, leaving Patrick)
- Patrick: "Patrick SAD!!!!"
- (Spongebob sees Patrick and Sandy having a picnic in Jellyfish Fields)
- Sandy: "Here Patrick, have a Krabby Patty." (they see Spongebob) "There he is Patrick, say your line!"
- (Patrick turns and poorly acts out his line)
- Patrick: "Why thank you, Sandy. I would love one. Take patty." (grabs patty) "To bad Spongebob isn't here, these are his favorites. I sure wish he'd come home. Take bite." (attempts to take bite but breaks character) "I can't do it!" (turns toward a bewildered Spongebob) "Spongebob! Come back!"
- Spongebob: "Patrick, I'm not coming home."
- Patrick: "I miss you! Sandy misses you! (Sandy waves) Even Squidward misses you! (Squidward is seen throwing a party at his house)
- Spongebob: "I'm happy here. This is my home now." (walks away)
- (Sandy drags Patrick out of Jellyfish Fields)
- Patrick: "No!!!!! Spongebob!!!!!"
September 11, 1999
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.