Reef Blower is the second episode of the series. In this episode, SpongeBob SquarePants walks out into his yard to find a clamshell. He gets his reef blower and blows the shell away, but it leaves behind a large pile of sand. He gets the sand out of his yard, but it engulfs Squidward. The sand also ruins the salad Squidward was preparing to eat. SpongeBob attempts to suck up the sandpile into his reef blower, but it leaves a large pile of sand in his yard. He puts the pile in the blower, but it coughs it back out. Then, SpongeBob pulls the reef blower's starter cable a long distance in an effort to get it to suck up the sand. It works, but it also drains all the water in the sea as well. Finally, Spongebob releases the water from the blower, leaving his yard clean, but Squidward's dirty.
- This episode features no dialogue between the characters. Originally, the episode was intended to have dialogue, but the voice recording equipment malfunctioned on the day Tom Kenny and Rodger Bumpass were prepared to cut the dialogue for the episode. Nevertheless, SpongeBob does say "You." towards the sandpile at one point in the short, but a caption at the bottom of the screen is the only thing that indicates that he says it.
- This is the first appearance of the reef blower. It would appear in several episodes as the series progressed.
- This is the 1st time Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Gary do not appear.
- This is a short episode of about 2 minutes and 45 seconds in length. This was because Help Wanted was only around 7 minutes and 30 seconds.
- This is the 2nd appearance of Spongebob and Squidward.
- This episode has yet to be released on DVD.
- Spongebob: "You."
May 1st, 1999
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.